This week in CT101 we created Vaporwave Images. This has to be one of the most interesting movements that I have never witnessed. I really would like to know where I was when this movement was happening. I think I could have totally created some awesome Vaporwave images.

Professor Seslow kindy guided us through his tutorial. Patiently answering the same questions over and over from his students.

Creating the Image was actually pretty simple. I searched online for images that inspired me, and I came across this cool pic of Lady Gaga which reminded me of the “Birth of Venus” painting.

From that inspiration I was able to create this image:

 I think the image that I created was a very intriguing but I think that it is missing something if you know how I can improve my work let me know.

Somewhat Vaporwaving ?!?!

Vaporwave is a unique genre of internet memes and images and began trending during the 2010s era. I began with creating them using a generator on the internet. I have created three Vaporwave for this blog. It was an interesting medium, using the generator. The generator allowed me to upload any image of my choosing and it has a lot of features which generate the special effects. The special effects allows me to alter how the original image looks, adding more animations effects, etc. It was fun to play around with it because it allows me to create all sorts of Vaporwaves. Overall it was an entertaining project

Below are some of my creations! Enjoy!


Here is my first attempt at creating vaporwave art! I loved working with the neon colors as well as combining geometric shapes along with organic feel of the flowers and sculptures. I pulled an array of vaporware aesthetic transparent photos online and pieced them together in Photoshop in a manner I thought looked appealing. I took one of my favorite anime characters Giorno Giovanna from the anime JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure and placed him in the middle, since as I was creating this it reminded me of him. Unfortunately that image, along with the images of the flowers were not transparent. I used to Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop to solve that problem and delete the existing background the images were in. I also adjusted the hue and saturation of all the images I compiled to follow the magenta/cyan color scheme.

I’m pretty happy with the result, I’d like to try making one of these again.