Why is it hard for some people to be nice? I get that our attitudes sometimes are our defense mechanisms. But why is it that when someone needs your most compassion, it becomes about you?
How could one take steps to better themselves? Here are the obvious ways:
1. count to ten to really listen
2. imagine yourself as if you were them
3. engage to not seem so selfish
Now here is why I am so frustrated:
1. Because if it was the other way around I would be so hurt to have not been on the other end of wanting to receive upmost compassion
2. Am I lacking compassion because it does not relate to me or because I have no experience in that field to want to understand why or what kind of compassion is needed